Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Pepperwood Grove

During a heated game of Scrabble Steve and I drank a bottle of Pepperwood Grove Syrah (which is probably why he won, but that's a whole other story). While I was drinking I realized how much I love this particular Syrah.

Until one or two years ago, I wasn't much for wine drinking. I just didn't have the taste buds for it. Then came my first glass of a chilled Riesling. The Gerwurtztraminers followed and the next thing I knew wine was pleasant. However, I still had no taste for reds whatsoever. They were too dry and usually left a burning sensation in the back of my throat. No more! I've developed a love affair with the Pepperwood Grove Syrah. Not only is it super tasty, but it's super cheap. Only $6 a bottle but highly recommended. It's an excellent everyday wine that you probably won't get tired of. I've tried the Cote de Rhone's and the Burgundy's, the Cabernet's and the Merlot's and though I now like both the Cote de Rhone and Burgundy, I can't drink it on a regular basis like my beloved Syrah (The Cabs and Merlots do not get drunk in my house). I've tried other labels roughly the same price, but I always come back to Pepperwood Grove. I have no idea what makes them petite, but next on my list are the Petite Syrahs.

No comments: