Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sublime

If I could be in love with weather, then I was in love last night. I walked around Griffith Park just before sunset. A mild breeze blew, not too cold, not too warm. The breeze started the tree leaves rustling which evoke memories I've never lived. Memories infused with intrigue and adventure. On the breeze wafted the frangrance of plumeria trees and jasmine. Chartreuse leaves and dark bark glowed in the setting sun. How easily I could have missed a moment of pure sensory pleasure. A taste of heaven on earth.

To top off the experience I strolled through a row of 40 ft high Cyprus that flank the sidewalk. I look straight up so that the trees and sky fill my vision dwarfing me. I feel like I spent five seconds in a David Lynch movie with the song Harmony as the soundtrack.

No comments: