Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Freesia Phobia

I must get this off my chest. The other day I was cleaning up after a party function. The friend I was helping asked if I wanted to take home some flowers from the table decorations. Without pausing I said no. Surprised, my friend said she's never known someone to turn down free flowers. I couldn't tell her that these flowers weren't worth taking home. They were freesias, one of the more insipid flowers in my book. These were especially lacklustre being a striped variety in pale shades of pink and tan. What flower looks good in tan? I love the smell of freesias in body sprays and bath bubbles, but the stand alone flower has nothing remarkable about it. If planted in bunches in the ground they can look perky with a girl-next-door appeal, but plucked they're not worth the trouble of watering in my humble opinion.

No comments: