Wednesday, April 20, 2005

More Reasons to Smile

Add China, North Korea, and Iran to the list of tyrannies that will be toppled in the next few years. Yes, the three biggies are being smacked down by their own people. The people have reached the end of their tolerance for oppression and are starting to riot and rebel. They see freedom at their borders, but now want it for themselves. Freedom is a universal human longing that cannot be suppressed forever. Read Michael Ledeen's hopeful article about the future of democratic revolution in the big three. I had a huge smile at the end of it. Yet, it makes me wonder what I'd be doing if living in any of those three countries. It's so easy to cheer on others risking their lives for freedom and liberty from the safety of your own free country. I hope that I would be willing to risk my life in similar circumstances.

No comments: