Monday, June 06, 2005

More Books

Did I mention how excited I am about my summer reading list? I just went crazy-go-nuts requesting books from my local library. I don't even remember why I want some of these books or what they're really about, but that just enhances the element of surprise when I crack them open.

My new favorite is Leszek Kolakowski or at least he will be once I read one of his books. I'm assuming he'll be a favorite based on this review regarding the latest release of his Main Currents of Marxism.

A Few of My Library Requests So Far:
Modernity on Endless Trial by Leszek Kolakowski
The Siege of Krishnapur by J.G. Farrell
Conversations with Eric Voegelin
Home Alone America by Mary Eberstadt
A Guide for the Perplexed by E.F. Schumacher
Conversations with Flannery O'Connor
Crusades: The Illustrated History by Thomas Madden
The Morality of Everyday Life by Thomas Fleming
Never A City So Real: A Walk in Chicago by Alex Kotlowitz
Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon

No comments: