Monday, June 13, 2005

Eggactly

Doug TenNapel creates a comic analogy between Enviro-Activists and Kill-The-Embryoists in this piece entitled "A Clump of Condor Cells." Nickolodeon employs TenNapel as their resident cartoon genius. I was first introduced to TenNapel's work through his short film "Sock Baby". The first word that came to mind to describe this effort was "bizarre", yet the film was not unlikable.

I wanted to cut and paste the entire entry (with proper attribution of course) but wasn't sure if that's acceptable blogging etiquette...anyone know?

2 comments:

mendacious said...

dude. i think that comic was genius as well. and just give him acknowledgment or you can always email him and ask. gasp.

DaveShack said...

I love TenNapel primarily because his comics are bizarre and interesting, yet at the same time not so full of borderline content that I can't read them to my six-year old. He loved Creature Tech and this week I introduced him to TommySaurus Rex. That condor egg comic was pretty sharp...

He lives in the area, I think, and has spoken to Torrey students at least once. You can stream that lecture he gave from the Torrey resource site...if you know the password. (numberfour)info