Monday, December 01, 2008

Oh, Crap!

How do I know I'm anxious about the labor and delivery of this baby? I'm having dreams that involve doctors using hacksaws as a "new way" of delivering sweet babes. Yikes! I do NOT want to be induced because I don't want an appointment for when I need to go to the hospital. I don't want to have that countdown of only 24 more hours, only twelve, only four now. I want a "holy crap she's coming" moment. My doctor was ready to accommodate me if I wanted this baby out at Thanksgiving. Uh no. I want this baby to stay in as long as possible, ideally until Steve is done with all his teaching responsibilities, but that's asking too much since my doctor won't let me go past the 12th. Besides my anxiety dreams of delivery, I've got this nagging fear that she wants to come out this week on Thursday. Please pray that ain't so! I can't make up my mind to laugh or cry these days as I anticipate her arrival. I'm back to thinking ignorance is bliss. If I hadn't heard any birth stories or anything about what to expect after delivery, I would be more emotionally stable right now. Too late.

2 comments:

christian said...

I don't want to add to your anxiety. I remember when Madeline's due date was getting closer and closer, I would just break down and cry. I told Nathan I changed my mind. I didn't want to give birth. But they come when they're ready. Make sure you're not pressured into anything. Remember to breathe, and enjoy that epidural. It made such a difference in my delivery experiences. You're going to be great!! Keep me posted! :) By the way, I looked up Frideswide in French...can't pronounce it but it looks fun!

eric O said...

you could always just make steve have the baby, right?

josie was just saying that she doesn't ever remember you being afraid of anything, ever. I confirmed that for her. but it's healthy fear because childbirth is hard (thanks, adam and eve). however, in the end, you get the awesomest little thing that you could ever imagine. i mean, you made a person for cryin' out loud! there aren't too many things better than that and it's definitely the coolest thing that we humans can pull off. we can't wait to see you guys and meet the baby you made.