Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Confused Voter

Back to the LA Mayoral race. So I'm thinking about who I should vote for. I ask my friends and none of them know what to do either. What's a Republican to do? Well, according to the Republican voting guide that just came in the mail, they say I should be voting for Parks. What?! My concern is that Parks will attempt to remove Bratton as Chief of Police if he's elected and that would be bad for LA. Thus, the question is, how much do pride and ego control Parks? 'Cause if he becomes Mayor wouldn't he be obliged to can Bratton to save face? Or could he play the bigger wiser man and acknowledge the gains Bratton has made in fighting crime? My other concern is that Parks has only focused on issues that effect his black constituents. What does he have to say to the rest of us? What's his big picture view of the problems and opportunities for LA? What vision does he have that can inspire a cross section of LA populace? I'm still searching for the answers.

No comments: