Tuesday, September 09, 2008

And the Moral Is...

On our "babymoon" (pardon me while I hurl on that word) mentioned in the post below, Steve picked up a little friend we call poison oak and then passed it on to me via some inanimate object. You would intuitively think that the greater the exposure over time the greater the immunity. Not so with poison oak. In fact the exact opposite is true - so that the more you are exposed the worse the rash will be each time. We were quite fortunate that our friend was rather mild. The itch lasted about a week or so, but the spots are still visible after a month.

What is the moral of this story?
a. Don't take a leak by the side of the road unless it's covered with cement. (Yep, Steve's bladder was the cause of this calamity. Less than five minutes from a legit latrine too.)

b. Don't try to save money on accommodations by camping instead. If romance is wanted get a hotel.

c. Take the vacation to Hawaii as requested despite the extra cash. At least they don't have poison oak.

d. All the above.

Here's what could've been and my personal favorite.

1 comment:

Gypmar said...

Holy crap, Danica, you're supposed to WARN people about those sorts of photos. I speak of your "favorite." OK, I could have guessed, but STILL.

Thanks for the posts! Way to break a long silence. Never heard the term "babymoon," but it seems inevitable. Had I heard it while expecting I might have hurled myself.

As for your baby, you can forget about receiving classic books like those you gave our children. (Willem loves scaring himself next-to-sleepless with the Roald Dahl compilation.) You're having a girl, so it's all about the attire I couldn't buy for my own kids. Bwah ha ha ha.