Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ephemera

The receipt on the left (who I'll refer to as Figgy) is from 8/17/03 at 3:26pm. Mine, as you can see, is from yesterday. I checked out the same copy of Lost in the Cosmos as Figgy along with two titles that have the word "Peace" in them. But why did Figgy check out a different copy of the same book at the same time (items one and three on his receipt)? I want to know. You're Worthless and Other Depressing Nuggets of Wisdom is item two on Figgy's list and The Rough Guide: Europe is item four. Those two don't seem to go together. The first three or rather two books go together for those who are mildy depressed or questioning their existence (or so it would seem from the titles). But a travel guide suggests hope, fun, adventure all lovely things. Perhaps Figgy was hoping to dump depression or find meaning through travel.

I do have a mild curiousity now to read You're Worthless just to see if it matches my own conception of what makes me (or one) worthless. That, and I like the word nuggets.

Nuggets.

2 comments:

wzph said...

I got your nuggets right here.

andrew said...

hey danica
dont know if you read your comments - but i was looking through some old photos from sheffield university and came across your face. so i thought i would google you and see what you are us to - hope you are well - the blog is pretty interesting. emauil me if you want to catch up pickeringandrew@hotmail.com

cheers andrew