Monday, August 08, 2005

Great Pick Up Line

So I'm hanging out with Steve, my husband, and a friend at an art opening this weekend that included work from another friend of Steve's. As we're talking, an older man in sports attire looking a little worse for wear approaches me and says, "Excuse me Miss but are you for sale?". Uh, what's that grandpa? At least that's what I'm thinking in my head. Out loud I simply say, "Excuse me?" He continues, "I ask because you are the most beautiful work of art here." HIGH-larious. I respond, "Oh, you're too kind." To which he replies, "No, I'm not Too Kind, I'm Guy Rex." Uh, ok. Now, if he were 40 years younger that would be a great cheesy pick up line that would most likely start a conversation since I'd be laughing wine through my nose. From an old geezer it was slightly creepy since I first thought he was propositioning me. After that I just thought it was funny. Perhaps I have a nostalgic look for them, but for whatever reason I could always count on the oldies to chat me up and never the guys my age.

2 comments:

mendacious said...

Man! That's awesome. I feel you about the old man attention. I'm glad they know we're worth it, but can we get some men our age. Please! Someone mentioned how many guys are at our church and I was like, well who of them are datable? Hmm.

Uteng said...

HEY HEY HEY! us church guys are Very decent! we connect with y'all on far more than just mind and body...we're reaching soul too, and that's gotta count for something surely!