Sunday, January 18, 2009

Crime Fiction Update

For those who enjoy watching crime dramas, PBS's Masterpiece Mystery will be airing a new series based on the Henning Mankell books featuring detective Kurt Wallender. Kenneth Branaugh plays Wallender and is co-producing the series. His involvement will hopefully ensure a good adaptation and production. Apparently he's quite the fan of Mankell, which has me rethinking my original opinion of the books. I only read one and didn't think it great especially compared to may favorites Martin Cruz Smith and James Church. But, if Branaugh loves them perhaps they get better or there's more to them than I'm giving Hankell credit for. Or Branaugh isn't as discriminating in his detective fiction reading as I am. Even if I hated the books, I'd still tune in to watch the series as it may be better than the books. Shooting will be on location in southern Sweden.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, my goodness to the pictures... i came here to tell you - yes! you must peruse ebay to see what steals you can get in the depression glass ... but lost my train of thought for awhile with lil b being sooooooooooooo angelic.