Monday, February 25, 2008

I QUIT!

In 1998, I started as the receptionist and through the years worked my way up through client services until I became the Director of the department. I've hired, fired, and laid off more people than I can remember. I've encouraged, cajoled, cheered, and chastised people for the last nine years on the job. My days of managing people is over--hip, hip hooray! After living through the hell of three mergers/acquisitions in the last three years I just couldn't stomach going through a fourth one this year. I wanted to quit since six months into this business, but I'm a slow decision maker. But now, I'm free at last!

5 comments:

LM said...

I'm so happy for you! You're an inspiration to all of us who want to finally make that decision and leave!!

Gypmar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh, happy day. In lieu of a celebretory champagne toast, I have brewed up a cup of Wedding Imperial tea, which I've been carefully rationing since Christmas. I salute you!

~sarah said...

huzzah!!!!

Christian said...

Congratulations!!! What's first on your to-do list?? :)

shaun said...

Yes, congratulations. christian: exactly.