Friday, May 20, 2005

Dickinson vs. Hickson

Why do I have such a hard time keeping these two women straight? Whenever I hear Angie Dickinson mentioned my mind immediately conjures up Joan Hickson. They do have similar sounding last names, but sheesh, they couldn't be more different. Dickinson was (is) apparently a sexy bombshell from the 60's and Hickson is, well, Miss Marple. Die hard fans of Angie should go here and rethink if they're that hardcore. I've adored Joan Hickson ever since I first watched her delightful performances as the perspicacious detective on PBS's Miss Marple Mysterys. Many a Thursday night our family crowded around a borrowed black and white TV to watch Tommy & Tuppence /Hercule Poirot / Miss Marple /Sherlock Holmes. Mystery and Masterpiece Theater were our favorites shows as kids and now as adults. These shows redeem PBS from all the other krep they put on.

No comments: